Haematologica publishes articles in the broad field of hematology, reporting on novel important findings in basic, clinical and translational research.
Haematologica's bibliometric indicators and positions among hematology journals in 2020 are shown below.
- Impact Factor (JCR) 9.941 (8th of 76)
- Eigenfactor Score 0.042 (6th of 93)
- Scimago Journal Rank 2,782 (8th of 129)
- Google Scholar h5-index 66 (4th of 20)
The journal is owned by the Ferrata-Storti Foundation (non-profit foundation), and serves the scientific community following the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) recommendations on publication ethics policies for medical journals.
Haematologica is an Open Access Publication. Detailed information on Open Access can be found at the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) website
When a manuscript is accepted for publication in Haematologica, the authors are asked to transfer the copyright to the Ferrata Storti Foundation, owner of Haematologica, under a Creative Commons license CC BY-NC. Since some research funders require that the Authors of papers published thanks to their contribution retain the copyright, the Authors can choose to publish their paper under a Creative Commons license CC BY. This option requires the payment of a surcharge (see Author Guidelines, Publication Charge).
According to both licenses, an article may be copied, displayed, distributed, republished or otherwise reused, including remixing, transforming, and building upon the material, for non-commercial purposes. Those who use this material must give appropriate credit (cite source), provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made.
With the CC BY-NC license, the Authors transfer the copyright of the article to the Ferrata Storti Foundation, which is the only body that can authorize commercial use of the article. The proceeds from this activity are used to keep publication charges in Haematologica as low as possible.
A non exhaustive list of examples of commercial reuse under the CC-BY-NC licenses is reported below.
- Inclusion of the content of Haematologica in any publications or product for sale
- Distribution or reprinting of Haematologica contents to promote services, product, training courses or companies and commercial organizations
- Republication of content in presentations, brochures or other marketing materials by a commercial entity, or by any entity for commercial purposes
- Use of the content and text and data mining activities on Haematologica contents with the goal of profit or remuneration including directly or indirectly through sale, licensing, promotion or advertising
With the CC BY license, authors keep the right to use their article for commercial purposes.
Haematologica is included in the National Library of Medicine catalog with the following data:
ISSN: 0390-6078 (Print) 1592-8721 (Electronic)
Title Abbreviation: Haematologica
ISO Abbreviation: Haematologica
Publication Start Year: 1920
Publisher: Ferrata Storti Foundation
Subject Term(s): Hematology
NLM ID: 0417435
The History of Haematologica
The history of the journal is described in detail in the editorial by Edoardo Ascari, published in the first issue of volume 100 of Haematologica (January 2015), and the review by Paolo Mazzarello published in the same journal in January 2020.
The chart below summarizes the history of the first 100 years of Haematologica.